The PADI Open Water Diver course is your entry to the world of scuba diving and is your first scuba diving license. It is the most popular and recognized diving certification in the world, with millions of people around the world who have completed the course. The course teaches you everything you need to know to dive independently with a buddy, anywhere in the world. The course is split into 3 main sections, knowledge development, confined water skills practice and finally the open water dives. Each of these sections will slowly build on your knowledge and skills until you are completely comfortable setting up your own equipment, planning and safely executing a dive. After the course you will be certified to dive to a maximum depth of 18m/60ft (10-14 year olds will gain the Junior Open Water Diver certification and below ages 12 will be certified to a maximum depth of 12m/40ft).
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN
During the PADI Open Water Diver Course you will complete:
- Knowledge development to better understand the basic principles of scuba diving. This can even be completed in the comfort of your own home at a speed that suits you using PADI’s new tablet app.
- Skill development in confined water where you will learn all the skills and techniques you will need when diving in open water.
- Open water dives to put your new skills to use and explore the underwater world with one of our professional PADI dive instructors.
- Learn all about the equipment used in scuba diving and how to set up your own set of dive gear before a dive.
To participate in the PADI Open Water Diver Course you must:
- Be at least 10 years old (10-14 year olds will earn a Junior Open Water Diver certification)
- Be able to swim unaided for 200m and float or ‘tread water’ for 10 minutes without touching the sides of bottom.
- No prior dive experience is necessary.
3-4 Days (flexible scheduling is available)